11 Sep Benefits Of Dance For Teenagers
Being a teenager can be some of the most exciting years of your child’s life, opportunities abound, and there’s so much for them to begin exploring about their individuality and their journey of personal expression. But with all these things come many expectations and stresses that can make it a challenging time for both teens and parents alike. Having an outlet where your teenager can focus their creativity, feel supported by their peers, and express their emotions is a priceless asset that helps to balance some of those typical “teenager problems” that so often present themselves in those years.
Dance is an extraordinary means of expression and formative discipline that will give your teenagers the structure that they need to help them be all that they can be. It offers a plethora of benefits including:
● Dance is an exceptional pairing of both athletics and art forms, offering your teenager physical and mental benefits along with avenues for self-expression and emotional development.
● With a group of peers and supportive faculty behind them, your teen will know that they are a valued part of a team that cares about them and encourages them through each stage of their dance journey.
● Dance requires an intense focus that creates structure and motivates your teen to do their very best in every aspect of their life, inspiring better grades and improved behaviour.
● Having fun is one of the keys to dance. When your teenager is spending their time wisely and having fun doing it, it helps create positive habits that will follow them throughout their lives.
● Meeting other young people who have the same interests and goals as them and working together helps build meaningful friendships that can truly last, boosts their confidence, and offers team-building skills that will help them throughout their lives.
● Fitness and self-image are extremely important to teenagers, and dance offers them the tools they need to maintain a positive body image in a healthy way while encouraging proper nutrition.
Dance offers all of these benefits to your teen – skills that they can use throughout their lives and that will help them as they navigate some of the most challenging years of their young life. At Rugcutterz Danz Artz, we encourage the fun, fitness, and lasting friendships that make the most of these benefits for your teenager. We are committed to excellence and a consecutive winner of the Top Choice Award for the Best Dance Studio in Vaughan. We have the perfect dance program for your teenager. Register Today to receive our VIP benefit of 50% off for siblings, free registration and a free costume per family!